Holly R. Henson (b. 1971) is a fine artist currently living in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and two young daughters. First a student of Mathematics and Philosophy at Samford University, she later continued her studies in Painting and Drawing at Georgia State University and the Atlanta College of Art. Holly has studied with contemporary portrait/figurative masters such as Steven Assael, Casey Baugh, and Seth Haverkamp. Her work has been featured in various group and solo exhibits, including exhibits by the Portrait Society of Atlanta and Oil Painters of America. Holly's portraits have won awards in various exhibitions, and recently she exhibited with the Audubon Artists at the historic Salmagundi Club in New York City. Holly is a member of the Portrait Society of America, Oil Painters of America, and the Atlanta Fine Arts League.
My pricing for portraits is as follows:
- Head and shoulders portraits are $2400.
- Half body portraits range from $4000 to $5000 depending on size and complexity of background
- Full body portraits range from $6000 to $8000 depending on size and complexity of background.
- Additional figures are 70% of the portrait price.
- Prices do not included framing.
- Shipping and travel expenses are additional.
Also, here are a few aspects of my commission process:
- We will have a discussion and share ideas about various possibilities for the painting.
- We will schedule an initial sitting. This will include a photo shoot. Additional sittings may be scheduled as needed.
- A 40% deposit is required before I begin, with the remainder to be paid upon satisfactory completion of the painting.
- In some cases, it is preferable to have the sitter come to my studio. Usually however, it makes more sense for me to travel to the client and I very much enjoy this part of the process. I especially prefer to travel to the client in the case of family portraits.
- After the initial sitting, we will work together to discuss and agree upon photo references and the overall direction of the portrait. Sketches will be provided when necessary to convey the vision and composition for the piece.
- Portrait commissions will be life-sized or close to life-sized, with consideration for any space requirements.
- I will provide an estimate for completion once I begin a project. Usually it takes 2-3 months to complete a portrait. At the moment, my waiting list is about 6-8 months out.
- I use the highest quality materials in all of my artwork, from oil paint to brushes to the smoothest linen or wood panel surfaces. My commitment to using the best materials means your painting will be an heirloom that will last for many generations to come.